Co-Founder & Senior Psychologist
Mehwish Mursaleen is a skilled Clinical and Organizational Psychologist. She is a practicing psychotherapist, counselor, researcher, mentor, and speaker. She is currently affiliated with multiple organizations including Consult A Psychologist (CAP), iCliniq, Institute of Clinical Psychology (ICP), and Federal Government Establishment Division, Karachi.
Previously, she had been providing psychological services at different institutions including MaAyesha Memorial Center—MAMC, Pakistan Center For Autism—PCA, Willing Ways Karachi, P.N.S Shifa hospital, Civil Hospital Karachi, New Horizons Drug Rehabilitation Centre, Sanjog—Legal Aid Project for juvenile offenders, Karwan-e-Hayat Psychiatric Care and Rehabilitation Centre, and Youth Methodizer Organization. She also had been a field researcher at the Sustainable Development Foundation.
She has wide experience of treating clients with different psychological problems including depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, somatic complaints, psychosis, oppositional defiant disorder, personality disorders, sleep problems, sexual problems, relationship issues, interpersonal problems, childhood problems, and academic difficulties.
She provides psychological assessment for all kinds of psychological disorders and IQ assessment for different forms of childhood problems including Intellectual Disability, Child Communication Disorders, Autism, ADHD, and Learning Disabilities.
Her expert treatment is based on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), Behavior modification (Applied Behavioral Analysis-ABA), Psycho-analysis, Eidetic Therapy, Sex Therapy, Family Therapy, Couple Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, and Addiction Counseling.
Besides that, she has tested the evidence-based practices in clinical settings and presented her work at international conferences. She is a published researcher of renowned journals in psychology and social sciences. She is a top-notch emotional intelligence researcher and trainer. She conducts capacity building and personal development workshops in educational/organizational settings. She is also a speaker of Tele-Vision programs.
She is an active member of Pakistan Psychological Association, Hope For Life Organization, and Consult-a-psychologist Organization. She has provided counseling and mental health services on a volunteer basis at various platforms.
Some Words for Her:
Regarding her professional strengths, it is worth mentioning that she is a perfectionist who started her career for the sole purpose of attaining excellence in every step. She is much responsible towards the clients and cooperative towards her co-workers. She is a hard worker, problem solver, dedicated and goal oriented person. Her aim is to propel her profession to the greater heights.
Contribution for Consult A Psychologist:
Workshop & Events:
- Role of Psychologists in Promoting Public Mental Health
- Stress at the Workplace
- Workshop on Strategic Intent of Human Resource Management (10-12 September 2018) For Federal Government Establishment Division, Management Services Wing, Karachi
- Mental Health Awareness Seminar (29 November 2018) IBA, UoK
Articles & Blogs:
- Adolescent Psychological Issues and the Need for Professional Help
- Attention Deficits and Hyperactivity in Children: Guidelines for the Parents
- Is Yawning Contagious?
- Latest Research Regarding the Use of “Ignoring Strategies”
- Treatment approaches aimed at healing psychological problems
- Problem Magnifiers: Why Your Problems Don’t Get Solved?
- Stress Management: An Effective Way to Prevent Psychological Disturbance
- How Family Therapy Helps To Assess And Resolve Family Problems